Nov 14, 2014

Lucy, 2014

Okay, so let me just get one thing straight here before we begin this review of Lucy. Scarlett Johansson is by far one of my favorite actresses. She plays smart, witty strong characters, and has recently made a rather successful transformation to beautiful kinda air-headed roles to super hot action star actress roles. She's ridiculously beautiful and talented and I am rather biased by this for any film she's in. I've been a fan since I first saw her in Lost in Translation (with Bill Murray, directorial debut of Sophia Coppola). She'd done some work before that, but that was the first movie I'd seen her in.

Morgan Freeman is also one of my favorite actors, although I will have to admit, I don't get a hard-on for Freeman like I do for Johansson. Nonetheless, Morgan Freeman is epic as epic can be for a sci-fi film like this.

The film starts with Johansson's character being duped into bringing drugs to a huge drug overlord. She winds up being kidnapped and having a pound of this weird drug surgically implanted in her stomach. Of course, at some point, the bag it's in bursts and the entirety of the bag of drugs gets dumped into her system. Instead of killing her, it makes her capable of using more and more of her brain, giving her super powers and unlimited knowledge of all things in the universe.

She then turns into a computer, compiles all the information she learns in this brief time, and transforms into a rather tiny little USB flash stick.

That's really it. The rest of it is Scarlett Johannson in tight clothing, being an awesome tough bitch with magical powers. Amr Waked played a very believable confused french police detective, by the way, a difficult role to get down as he did.

Directed By Luc Besson
Staring Scarlett Johannson, Morgan Freeman, Min-sik Choi, Amr Waked

Tits and Ass: 10. Scarlett always gets a 10.
Interesting plot : 6
Morgan Freeman: 9
Action sequences: 7
Min-sik Choi playing awesome bad guy: 7

Giving this a 7.8, which, although meaningless, in this case I really mean it, go see this film. It was worth the wait and it was an awesome cool flick to see. 

No comments: