Sep 27, 2009

Shaun of the Dead 2004

So I found Shaun of the Dead online tonight somewhere random. I happened to see it and figured, eh, I don't have enough British humour in my life, so why not.

I asked a couple guys in my office about it, they said it was a spoof on the dawn of the dead movies, and I happen to be an extremely small fan of those movies. What have I got to lose.

Well, it turns out not much. The entire film was laced with many different horror movie devices like weird screetchy sounds, zoomy camera effects and some pretty weird situations; all of which wound up being pretty funny. Not Funny funny, but British humour funny, which, technically, isn't really all that funny if you don't laugh at anything that doesn't involve farting in most movies.

For the most part, though, the movie was done pretty well. I don't have much to write about it, but as for horror movie spoofs, I guess I'd give this one an overall rating of 6.5. That's a totally random nonsensical number I just figured I'd throw out there; much like this movie's attempt at making death, blood, gore, zombies, and killing your own mother...funny. Woo hoo!!!

No really, see this one. It was fun to watch.

No comments: