Sep 27, 2009

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny 2006

I stumbled upon the Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny movie online somewhere. Can't recall where exactly. I'm really glad there are shitty copies of shitty movies on the internet, else I'd actually spend money renting them and thus waste my time watching them in the full hi-fi hi-def version that the director intended when they wasted the hundreds of thousands of dollars it took to make movies such as this. 

I have to admit, I was in a pretty good mood. I found Star Wars parts 1 and 2 as well as Cruel Intentions (a classic!) all online to view. Of course, mind you, no online version will ever come even remotely close to DVD quality, but you can definitely get the picture (no pun intended).

The one good factor about this movie is the fact that Meatloaf is in it. Typically, any movie whatsoever (like Fight Club, for instance) where Meatloaf plays any role, that movie is a fucking great movie. I would consider this Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny movie to be atypical in that respect as it sucked the dirtiest part of a dog's ass.

I saw Nacho Libre recently, and was a little tipsy so it was kinda fun to watch, but sober and working, anything with Jack Black in it is kinda boring. Again, there are exceptions to every rule, and King Kong was that exception: it was awesome; even with Jack Black playing a lead role.

I like Jack Black; when he finds Sasquatch during the mushroom scene, it's actually pretty funny. What's even more redeeming is that Jack Black starred on Yo Gabba Gabba and Sesame Street and was actually pretty damn cool.


Absurdity, 10

Extremely bad singing, 1.0

Extremely bad acting, 1.0

Extremely bad music, 1.0

Unbelievably bad overall feeling like I just wet myself, 1.0

Living vicariously through another fat person and their bad singing/songwriting, 3.5

Tits and Ass, 0.0, are we in grade school or what?

Having a Bong of Destiny at the end, 9.0

Bong of destiny or no bong of destiny at the end, it doesn't help this paltry rating of 3.3 for this movie. 

Whether it be my general mood today, or the fact that I've gotten about four hours of sleep in the past three days, I can't say I really enjoyed this movie. I absolutely love and respect Jack Black, but this movie just didn't do it for me at all. Maybe someday I'll do another review after watching it again.

No comments: